AWARDS: This budgeted committee is under the third vice-president. The chair of this committee is responsible for preparing the books of evidence and submitting them to the state awards chair before deadline. The president and event chair will determine what awards will be applied for. A typewritten or legibly-written story of the project, including number of persons involved, volunteer hours, costs, pictures, newspaper clippings and all other pertinent data should be given to the award chair, who types and compiles the book. Books are sent registered mail, Return Receipt Requested.
Garden Clubs of Illinois, Inc.
#15. B. Design Excellence Award for Creative Design in a Standard Flower Show (New in 2009). Sponsored by Springfield Cvic Garden Club. ($25 to the winning entry)
SCGC Awards Submitted in 2016
CR, GCI Awarded in April, 2017 and NGC Awards in May, 2017
Civic Projects Awards
21. Civic Project of Exceptional Merit – Purple, Orange/Black rosettes and certificate awarded to Springfield Civic Garden Club for their Milkweed for Monarchs initiative.
22. Civic Concern - Blue rosette and certificate for a continuing project awarded to Springfield Civic Garden Club (Christmas Tree in a Bag)
33. Historic Preservation
B. $50 cash award and a certificate to a club for dedication to the continuing challenge of reclaiming and preserving a historic site.
Garden Club Awards
39. Best Yearbook. Red Rosette for First Place with certificate and certificate for second and third places.
v. 300 and above members: 1st Place Certificate and Red Rosette: Springfield Civic Garden Club
105. B. Gloria Greene Advanced Designer Award – Total award of $50 and certificate to member clubs (with more than 41 members) providing a program/workshop on creative floral design. Membership participation required. 2nd place $25 and Certificate: Springfield Civic Garden Club
106. The Garden Club of Downers Grove National Garden Week Award - Total award of $100 and certificates to clubs promoting National Garden Week in their community. $25.00 and certificate issued to each division winner. iv. (+300 members) - Springfield Civic Garden Club
51. Certificate of Merit for District and Club Publications
a. Leaflet, a single sheet; if folded not more than 4 pages: 1st Place – Springfield Civic Garden Club (300 or more members)
b. Magazine/Bulletin of 24 pages or less
i. 4 issues a year-- a. 1st place: Springfield Civic Garden Club
ii. More than 4 issues/yearg. 1st place: Springfield Civic Garden Club (300+)
d. Other Publications (No periodicals, notices or flyers with one- time events).
iv. Websites: d. (300 + members):1st Place: Springfield Civic Garden Club
Garden Therapy Awards
53. a.i. Garden Therapy – sessions where entire clubs or an individual member bring creativity to brighten those in senior facilities. $25.00 and certificate is awarded to clubs with regular on-going project(s). (Must include patient/resident/student participation.) 1st Place: Springfield Civic Garden Club (300+) (Mary Bryant Home)
82 VIP Award "Very Important Person" awards sponsored by garden clubs. Recipients receive a silver charm (purchased by their club) and a certificate.
District III--Springfield Civic Garden Club: Kathy Iler, Marianne Lawrence, Pat Paul-Kuffner, Phyllis Steinhour, and Wendy Weisenburn
Club Achievement Awards
Point values are accumulated through club activities.Blue rosette represents 200+ points achieved Purple rosette represents 300+ points achieved Gold rosette represents 400+ points achieved
District III Springfield Civic Garden Club Gold Rosett
Club Horticulture Awards
Gold Seal 250+ points Silver Seal 150 points
Springfield Civic Garden Club Gold Seal
GCI AWARDS SENT TO NGC
Award #7—Special Achievement—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
Award #19—Horticulture Therapy—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
Award #50—Historic Preservation—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
Award #51--Decorating.of Hist.Bldng.—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
Award #53—National Garden Week—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
*12 (2) Publication Newsletter—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
12 (3) Publication Newsletter—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
13 (5)—Other Publication Leaflet—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
*63 (1)—Website—Springfield Civic Garden Club 300+
*Received National Garden Club Certificates of Appreciation
Central Region Winners
Presented at the NGC Convention
Club Yearbook winners based on membership division—Size 7—1st Place—Springfield Civic Garden Club